Friday, September 7, 2012

Worst. Housecall. Ever.

A few years ago, an elderly lady tracked me down. She'd seen an article about me and used the telephone directory to get my number. Hardcore old-school. Her basement had flooded, and to deal with the basement problem, she'd moved everything into the backyard. Of course, the problem with that is that things exposed outside for months in the weather and rain tend to not hold up very well. The place was a disaster. Anything that was paper or wood was pretty much a damp moldy mess. Everything was free for taking, but somehow I still manage to spend $50 on a lot of slide rules. I think I threw away half of it when I got home and could look at it in the light. Note to self: Don't ever let my life start to look like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment